- Job Seekers
- Candidate Login
- Candidate Register
- Employers Login
- Employers Register
- Advanced Search
- Search by Sector
- Search by Job Type
- Search by Location
- Employer Directory
- Recruiter Directory
- Useful Info
- Working In Iraq
- How To Write A Resume (CV)
- Interview Preperation Tips
- Iraq Wildlife
- About Us
- About Us
- Terms & Conditions
- How to Advertise
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
- Find Us
- on Facebook
- Site Search
|Location:||Iraq, Middle East|
|Posted:||16th Apr 2012|
|Closing Date:||14th May 2012|
|Posted By:||Elite International Limited|
|Systems Administrator |
Our client is seeking for a Systems Administrator for their networks and applications for their offices in Iraq. Your duties are wide-ranging where on a daily basis you will installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. Other duties may include scripting or light programming, project management for systems-related projects, supervising or training computer operators, and being the consultant for computer problems beyond the knowledge of technical support staff.
In order to perform the job well you will have to be able to demonstrate a blend of technical skills and responsibilities in order to comply with the following:
• Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
• Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
• Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
• Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
• Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Professional and Technical skill Set:
• Extensive Oil and Gas background
• System Administration, Developing Standards, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Training , Multi-tasking, On-Call, Networking Knowledge, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Maintenance, Network Performance Tuning
• Bachelor’s Degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
• Typically has 3 to 5 years of IT work experience in infrastructure/network environments in network operations, support, maintenance and administration
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Very strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
|Sorry! This job is no longer active as the closing date for applications has passed. You can view other vacancies from this company (if they have any) by clicking on their name above, alternatively we may have some suggestions for similar vacancies listed below that might be of interest.|